In pursuance of our mandate of attracting and promoting Investments, the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre plays a pivotal role in helping our investors navigate the Investment process by ;
– Helping establish and maintain liaison between investors and Ministries, Government departments and agencies, institutional lenders and other authorities concerned with Investment
– Furnishing investors with current information on incentives accessible to investors.
– Administering support services to both new and existing investors not to mention assistance with the acquisition of requisite permits
– Enhancing networking and business opportunities between local businesses and foreign associates
– Compiling, analyzing and disseminating relevant information about Investment opportunities, sources of capital and a broad overview of the Investment climate upon request of an investor
Investor Aftercare Services
To ensure that investors fully settle in, the GIPC lends a hand to investors to navigate administrative procedures and to further procure resources pertinent to the business of the Investment. These include;
– Expediting the processing of incentives and duty exemptions
– Assisting investors with the acquisition of permits relevant to the setting-up and operation of an enterprise
– Aiding investors to prepare business and product profile for the purpose of marketing and showcase.
-Liaising with keen investors on collaborations in various forms
-Up-close interactions with the business community and investors via round table discussions and private meetings
-Managing a database of lands and properties allocated for Investment purposes
Monitoring & Evaluation
Keeping an eye on investors and coordinating their activities is another core function of the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre. To fulfill this task, the Centre engages in the following;
– Evaluating and making recommendations where necessary to the work of the Centre to ensure that the activities of the GIPC remains relevant to investment in the country
– Filing and keeping data of all enterprises encapsulated in the GIPC Act 865
– Registering and keeping data of all Technology Transfer Agreements relating to investments under this GIPC’s governing Act. (Act 865)
Diaspora Investment Desk
This desk looks to convert the gains made from the ‘Year of Return’ initiative into viable businesses and opportunity. Through the Diaspora Investment Desk, the GIPC will engage the diaspora community to attract necessary investment and capital to drive economic development and the Ghana Beyond Aid initiative.
The Diaspora Investment Desk will therefore provide a central point for the co-ordination of investments, programs and activities between the diaspora community and Ghana, with a view to harness the global Ghanaian resource potential as well as pep up the GIPC’s objective of increasing Diaspora Direct Investment (DDI).